Ace Eagle Disc Golf Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» the triple "F"...foundation fall fling
Bag Tags 2013 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:32 pm by dahig

» Buffalo Trace Open
Bag Tags 2013 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 am by Adam

» 5th Annual Seviren Lang Memorial
Bag Tags 2013 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:03 pm by Adam

» 2014 Kentucky State Disc Golf Championships
Bag Tags 2013 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 am by Hyzer'n_Howie

» 2014 Holler In the Hills
Bag Tags 2013 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:00 am by Hyzer'n_Howie

» Ace Eagle Club Meeting. Every Second Wednesday of the month
Bag Tags 2013 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm by AceEagle1

» Camp Reveal Work Days
Bag Tags 2013 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:48 am by AceEagle1

» Club Unity
Bag Tags 2013 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:25 pm by AceEagle1

» PDGA Director gets some props
Bag Tags 2013 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:19 am by AceEagle1

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bag Tags 2013

+3
CZuber
Wrian Bilson
AceEagle1
7 posters

Go down

Bag Tags 2013 Empty Bag Tags 2013

Post  AceEagle1 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Gentlemen,

Bag tags have been a staple for the past several years.  I'm not certain why we are having such low numbers on Thursdays.  Maybe we have too many other events spreading us thin. I'm not 100% sure if this is the issue but we need to address it. 

What would make you come out on Thursdays?

Below I would like to see where the tags are sitting currently. 

I have #3

Rick Mitchell has 7
Rick Geifer has 22

Please list yours below.  Thanks!
AceEagle1
AceEagle1
Club President
Club President

http://www.ONETIMEDISCGOLF.com

Back to top Go down

Bag Tags 2013 Empty Re: Bag Tags 2013

Post  Wrian Bilson Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:47 pm

*Personally, I am unable to make it to Bag Tags because I work until 5:30.  If start time was pushed back to 6, I would try to be there at least a couple of times a month (during the summer).

Generally, I don’t think a lot of people have renewed their Ace Eagle membership this year.  How many members do we have this year?  I believe there are a variety of reasons: lacks of information, officer transition, disgruntlement towards the club, people haven’t been approached, etc.  (I haven’t been able to renew mine yet)

I will personally take some blame for the lack of information available.  I stepped down from secretary at an inconvenient time for the club.  I’m sure David is very busy with work and being a dad.  However, we have got to get information posted at the courses/ disc stores (Buslers/Play it again).  I’m willing to do this, would you like me to?

I think to get the Evansville disc golf scene back on track we are going to need to address a lot of sensitive subjects and it might ruffle some feathers.  People need to express their feelings towards the club/Evansville scene or nothing is going to get done.

Let’s get this ball rolling. But let’s be civilized about it.

-Brian
Wrian Bilson
Wrian Bilson
Addicted to Disc Golf

Back to top Go down

Post  CZuber Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 pm

An initial thought is that the club became all about making money to do bigger and better things.  I remember when I joined the Club "For Life" it was $5.  Now we seem to be driving that cost up each year as a income source.  I know Tags cost money to make and there are cost involved with running the club.  But, IMHO I think this was a reason to some turning away.
CZuber
CZuber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Greg Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:43 pm

CZuber wrote:An initial thought is that the club became all about making money to do bigger and better things.  I remember when I joined the Club "For Life" it was $5.  Now we seem to be driving that cost up each year as a income source.  I know Tags cost money to make and there are cost involved with running the club.  But, IMHO I think this was a reason to some turning away.
this seems to be something that a lot of clubs run into. The club up north that I was a part of charged $20 and I can say I never saw once where the money went (not even bag tags were provided). That said a yearly membership of $15 really is not bad.

Things that the club could do to improve funds other than raise costs are go Non-Profit; fundraiser events; Exclusive club merchandise that is pre-order only to ensure no money is lost on the deal.

I also agree with Brian that 6:00 would be much easier for people to make regularly.
Safari Greg
Safari Greg
Addicted to Disc Golf

http://safarigregdiscgolf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AceEagle1 Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Chet,  I've tried for years to clear up the "Lifetime Membership" miscommunication.  
It was a "Lifetime Membership Number".  not, you pay once and you are a member for life.  Lifetime membership numbers were supposed to mimic the PDGA. My PDGA number is 27099 and it will be for life, however I have to renew my membership each year.   That is how we were supposed to keep this club going but a few took it upon themselves (without a club vote) to just change to a yearly tally.  As I recall Chet, you were AceEagle50. 

Strength in numbers is what it was supposed to show. 

Communication is key like Brian has said. We should get a few flyers out there to show the current events. 

Whoever is disgruntled about anything can message or call me anytime and I will personally try to help resolve any matters. Even if its with me lol. 

Lets keep moving forward.
AceEagle1
AceEagle1
Club President
Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  jasterfelt1975 Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 pm

What about a once a month tag round on a weekend?
I work late as well that's why I don't play. Although I play for tags on Sunday mornings with whoever will play.
The club needs to go non-profit so we can quit pan-handling to the same sponsors for pennys instead of the big dollars from big companies. More installs more tournaments big sponsors. Search non-profit clubs check out all the things they are able to do for their local courses and community. We have plenty of community support just waiting to be tapped into.

And if you were wondering Prides Creek if AWESOME!!!
Great job on your 48 Matt!!! Thanks to Dane, Nick and Curt, and all Ace Eagles another job well done!!!!

jasterfelt1975
Bogie Golfer

Back to top Go down

Post  JobWilson82 Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:47 am

Thursdays are bad for me, but I will still make a couple comments and suggestions.

1. I think Thursday bag tags should be rotated between Mesker and Woodmere. Maybe not on a weekly basis but on a biweekly?
2. The negative to moving start time to 6:00 is that the time will just have to be moved back to 5:45 then 5:30. Kills consistency, but that's not a big deal.
3. Scott is on to something with a weekend tag event. There's nothing that says a Saturday afternoon event couldn't be ran every Saturday or alternating. Scott, you want to run a weekend event? Go for it. Feel free to get creative with format as well.
JobWilson82
JobWilson82
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Safari Greg Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

you may want to consider doing a 50/50 pot during all Ace Eagle events, something like $2 isn't too much to ask. $5 for a league in general is rather cheap. try adding stuff like CTPs for club discs as well for a $2 offer and if there isn't enough funding that night make it a half disc...or set up an agreement with the local sellers to make the coupon valid there too.
Safari Greg
Safari Greg
Addicted to Disc Golf

http://safarigregdiscgolf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrian Bilson Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:19 pm

I think everyone is bringing up great points and I’d really like to address them.

I’m going to start by addressing the non-profit issue that Scott brought up.  In my eyes, I see this as an absolute that club needs to take care of.  Last year, at several meetings this was discussed briefly.  We were going to get more information on it.  It seems it simply fell through the cracks.  There are so many long term advantages to being a non-profit organization, we just need to make this happen.

I think Chet brings up a really good point about the focus of the club.  First and foremost, I think the club’s focus should be on the UNITY of the club.  We should be a brotherhood of disc golfers that simply enjoy the game with one another.  The picnic we had last year was a great thing, we should continue working on this.  If we can re-establish this “brotherhood” we will see our league numbers grow tremendously.  (Though, we might have way too many events happening currently)  A $15 annual club fee seems pretty fair to me.  After establishing the brotherhood of the club, let’s worry about the other stuff.

I know everyone wants to see the club succeed.  But let’s not lie to ourselves and say that we didn’t collectively drop the ball.  Look at the facts. Last night at doubles only five out of eleven people were/ or had been club members.  Last year, I’m positive I was at doubles where there were 16+ club members.  At this point last year we had 66 members. This year we have approximately 35.

-Brian
Wrian Bilson
Wrian Bilson
Addicted to Disc Golf

Back to top Go down

Post  AceEagle1 Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:36 pm

We are going to address the non profit subject next meeting.

Unity and brotherhood will come. Please be patient and let me get to work as the clubs president.  A person who screams about unity and brotherhood should not start every paragraph wit "I".

Last year was one of the greatest years of our clubs existence.  Period!   We have had more exposure thru media outlets then we have ever had.  Jack worked tirelessly to promote the club this way.  He didn't focus on just signing people up.  I vow to bring numbers up and bring back the unity.

Last night Brian, I asked you to tread lightly on your demands thought, and questions and you laid no.  How am I supposed to work with some one who has this attitude.  Lets not lie to ourselves, we have not let any ball stop. Just because a few people stepped out doesn't mean that everybody else didn't do anything.
AceEagle1
AceEagle1
Club President
Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  AceEagle1 Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Sorry in advance to any "Grammar Police" out there for my typos! I can't see anything I write for some reason!?

Facebook just seem easier to me.
AceEagle1
AceEagle1
Club President
Club President

Back to top Go down

Post  Fest Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 pm

I think people tend to overanalyze things & rush to judgment.  There needs to be more people at our monthly meetings, if anyone feels left out, misinformed, or un-unified, this is where most club decisions & discussions take place.  These meetings are open to everyone, member or not, so please come out.  When people don’t come to meetings they hear about the club 2nd & 3rd hand & just like the game of telephone the messages get misinterpreted & changed, this is how rumors get started & people get the wrong idea about our club.

So lets get to the facts, over the last year and a half Jack, Job & many others have taken our club to new heights.  Yes, we have had lower turnouts at weekly events, but it used to just be one night a week, now we have events on almost every night, so of course it will get watered down.  True we do need to have more renewed members, & it sounds like Ben will be making that a top priority.  Our 2 BIG tournaments continue to grow without losing quality & are two of the best in the region.  The Spring Fling was a huge success, we had a great club turnout, where we were able hold a clinic & got tons of free radio advertising, & they want to hold more of these events.  With the growth of the club we have added Woodmere, Camp Reveal, & Prides Creek over the last year!  Yes the club makes money, but in no way do we gouge people on membership, tournaments or anything else. Believe me we could make three or four times as much running tournaments and other events like others in our region do, but that’s not what it is about.  All the money we make goes back into holding these events & helping fund new courses to grow the sport.  I agree we need to become a non for profit, & I think it will happen soon.  We had great club support this weekend with over 20 people at the work day at Prides Creek.  Thanks for everyone’s help, Dane & I were blown away by the support & we can’t thank you enough.   Now lets get as many people out to the meetings.

One thing we do need to do is post a list of events & meetings at local courses, not everyone gets on the forum or our facebook page, some people don’t even know about these.  We can’t get new people involved if they don’t know how to get involved.
Fest
Fest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrian Bilson Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:24 am

AceEagle1 wrote:We are going to address the non profit subject next meeting.

Unity and brotherhood will come. Please be patient and let me get to work as the clubs president.  A person who screams about unity and brotherhood should not start every paragraph wit "I".

Last year was one of the greatest years of our clubs existence.  Period!   We have had more exposure thru media outlets then we have ever had.  Jack worked tirelessly to promote the club this way.  He didn't focus on just signing people up.  I vow to bring numbers up and bring back the unity.

Last night Brian, I asked you to tread lightly on your demands thought, and questions and you laid no.  How am I supposed to work with some one who has this attitude.  Lets not lie to ourselves, we have not let any ball stop. Just because a few people stepped out doesn't mean that everybody else didn't do anything.

Awesome! I'm excited to talk about non-profit again! 

Ben, I'm not screaming about anything. I'm attempting to be as civilized as possible. Usually, when someone expresses his or herself, he or she uses the pronoun "I".  Personally, I'm excited to see what you do as President. However, I'm not going to "tread lightly".  If I have an idea or opinion, I'm the type of person that goes 100% with it. When our ideas and opinions line up I'm going to support you 100% in getting that idea on the ground. When our ideas and opinions don't line up, I'm going to disagree. BUT! That's why we have the club structured like we do. We vote on things. If we vote on something and it doesn't go my way, I PROMISE to support the club's decision 100%.

(Everyone), I need to make clear what I'm trying to do.  I'm trying to get discussion going. Really try and get ideas flowing! I want to be able to talk about things outside of leagues/meetings. 

I most definitely agree that club has done some great things this year (The Ice Bowl, Spring Fling, The Evansville Open, and Pride's Creek). Nick, is definitely right. I'm going to admit I've only been able to make it to one club meeting this year. Maybe, I wouldn't be so analytical and judgmental if I would have been more hands on. I'm just trying to share my ideas and get other people's ideas out there. The people in this club are why I'm passionate about disc golf .

*I really want to work with everyone. I apologize in advance if I ruffle people's feathers. I'm simply hard headed. bounce
Wrian Bilson
Wrian Bilson
Addicted to Disc Golf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down