Ace Eagle Disc Golf Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» the triple "F"...foundation fall fling
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:32 pm by dahig

» Buffalo Trace Open
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 am by Adam

» 5th Annual Seviren Lang Memorial
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:03 pm by Adam

» 2014 Kentucky State Disc Golf Championships
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 am by Hyzer'n_Howie

» 2014 Holler In the Hills
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:00 am by Hyzer'n_Howie

» Ace Eagle Club Meeting. Every Second Wednesday of the month
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm by AceEagle1

» Camp Reveal Work Days
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:48 am by AceEagle1

» Club Unity
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:25 pm by AceEagle1

» PDGA Director gets some props
2012 Evansville Open Recap EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:19 am by AceEagle1

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

2012 Evansville Open Recap

5 posters

Go down

2012 Evansville Open Recap Empty 2012 Evansville Open Recap

Post  Wrian Bilson Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 am

The 2012 Evansville Open was Evansville's largest disc golf tournament and was a huge success. 118 players decided to brave the brutal triple digit temperatures this weekend. While the temperatures were extremely high, some of the scores were recording breaking low. Matt Kern, Alex Schimmelpfemnning, and Zack Johnson set the official Woodmere course record of 45. Aaron Diehl established the new course record for Atkinson with a 44. At Mesker, Paul Oman tied Nikko Locastro and Dave Greenwell for the course record by shooting a 43. Congrats to Matt Kern for getting his first B-Tier win!

Click here for results:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/78599

I would like to give a big shout out to the Ace Eagle Disc Golf Club. Throughout the weekend I heard a lot of positive feedback about the open. In fact, I don't recall hearing anything negative. First and foremost, Job, great job this weekend. Thank you for all of your hard work, time, and dedication. Ben Verkamp and David Rudibaugh thank you for stepping up and running A-Pool, it went very smoothly. T-Bone, thank you for helping out with everything, we miss you over here. Rick Mitchell, you did a great job getting the courses ready for the EVO they looked great. Charlie Aubrey for doing the little things behind the scene - Getting ice, picking up trash, picking up signs and brooms. Jack and Sherry Rudibaugh for providing the water this weekend, tons of people were very grateful about it. Rob Scott and Scott McBeth for coming up big with sponsorship! Johnny B for providing the excellent lunch on Sunday (As Always) Mike Weidner, Zac Frame, Nick Fest, Jason Avery, Jason Ward, Todd Ball, Nathan Klassy, Jeremy Montgomery, Bruce Casteel and many more. This tournament was a huge success because everyone pitched in and did their share.

And finally a big thank you to our sponsors!!!
Charlie Aubrey
Audubon Flyers
John Barabe
Busler's
Circle City Acers
Greg Eberhart
Escalade Sports
IMF Auto Body & Paint
Innova Discs
Lantz Coachworks
Logan's Roadhouse
One Time Disc Golf
Orange Moon Tattoo
Gary Pendley
Play-It-Again Sports
River City Discers
Rounders Pizza
Jack & Sherry Rudibaugh
Sons of Disc Golf
Team Honey Badger
TSF
Brian Wilson
Zanfel
Wrian Bilson
Wrian Bilson
Addicted to Disc Golf

Back to top Go down

2012 Evansville Open Recap Empty Re: 2012 Evansville Open Recap

Post  charper2889 Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 am

congrats kern

charper2889
Ace Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post  MKern41598 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks Chase!
MKern41598
MKern41598
Addicted to Disc Golf

Back to top Go down

2012 Evansville Open Recap Empty great time

Post  Warrick1 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Great job guys. While my score could have been better I really enjoyed my first tournament. I look forward to the next one!
Warrick1
Warrick1
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post  JobWilson82 Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Brian really said everything I wanted to say. Guys, I cannot say enough how proud I am of this club. We aren't the biggest club around, but I challenge anyone to find a club that works harder and is more proud of what they do.

Thank you everyone so much for all the hard work and all the help keeping me sane this weekend. It really was a blast and I honestly wish the 2013 Open was next weekend!

The following I posted to Facebook:

Well, the 2012 Evansville Open is behind me, and I can finally relax! I don't even know where to start to describe the amount of pride I take in the running of such a great event. Truth is, my name was only the name of record, the real credit belongs to all the Ace Eagle Disc Golf members who stepped up and made it happen. I'm not going to list every single person who stepped up and helped because honestly, I'm not sure Facebook has the room for that many characters.
I am going to thank my wife Krystalynn for putting up with me when I was surely at my craziest! She really inspires me and allows me to do the things I do.
I must congratulate not only Matthew Kern for winning his first B-Tier, but also Paul Oman (who was one Mach V nub away from forcing a playoff), Alex Schimmelpfenning and Aaron Diehl for putting on another stellar show in the Final 9.
Congratulations and thank you to everyone involved and I can't wait for next year!
JobWilson82
JobWilson82
Club Treasurer
Club Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down