Ace Eagle Disc Golf Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» the triple "F"...foundation fall fling
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:32 pm by dahig

» Buffalo Trace Open
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 am by Adam

» 5th Annual Seviren Lang Memorial
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 2:03 pm by Adam

» 2014 Kentucky State Disc Golf Championships
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 am by Hyzer'n_Howie

» 2014 Holler In the Hills
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:00 am by Hyzer'n_Howie

» Ace Eagle Club Meeting. Every Second Wednesday of the month
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm by AceEagle1

» Camp Reveal Work Days
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:48 am by AceEagle1

» Club Unity
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:25 pm by AceEagle1

» PDGA Director gets some props
Vibram VP - X-link Medium EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:19 am by AceEagle1

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vibram VP - X-link Medium

Go down

Vibram VP - X-link Medium Empty Vibram VP - X-link Medium

Post  Safari Greg Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:36 pm

I figured I would start one to get the review section moving.

I recently won a VP at the BG AMS and I was quite surprised with it; their ratings system is odd but makes excellent sense, I think it might be better than the innova one once you learn it.

Getting to the disc:

It is very overstable more than I would prefer for putting with; however, its overstability for throwing is excellent. You can really rip the disc and it will never turn over, I have found it great for about a 250' hyzer shot. If released on an anhyzer line it really does not take long for it to fight back, it produces a great "s" shot.

The material is actually rubber and is called X-link. I have a Medium one which is quite grippy and flexy. Being that it is a rubber disc and more flexy I suspect that it will do great with approaches as it will be less likely to roll. It is a little odd looking at the disc because they dont actually hot-stamp their discs but instead they mold in their yellow Vibram logo.

It is a big bead disc and I would venture to say that people would like it better than a Wizard even for driving. This being said I wouldn't use it for any anhyzer drives as it will fight back quickly like stated earlier. I have heard some comparrisons to this being similar to a Rhyno or Pig depending on which person you ask.

It is a disc built for the bigger arms in relation to throwing it as a driver, it can handle enormous power for a putter and won't get squirrely. I found it to be great up to about 250' in range, I have been able to extend it further (to about 300') but found my control over the shot was decreasing because of reaching back for more power. For people who don't have huge arms or great snap, this would still be a great addition to the bag; the stability would make it a great approach disc in any condition and in the wind it would almost be a go to disc. It is definitely a putter but will act more overstable than any others out there that I have thrown, if you prefer a solid hyzer on your putts this may be a disc to consider.

The disc pictured was lost some time in August, since then I have purchased another. During the life cycle the discs do break in considerably, but not traditional to other brands they maintain their stability but gain glide. I found this to be excellent as it brought more distance and versatility to the disk.

Vibram VP - X-link Medium DSC_0003
Vibram VP - X-link Medium DSC_0004
Vibram VP - X-link Medium DSC_0005

Last edited by gkeberhart on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:09 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Cleaning up the reiview)
Safari Greg
Safari Greg
Addicted to Disc Golf

http://safarigregdiscgolf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down